The Symbiosis of Training Development and Organizational Change Management
Training development is symbiotic with OCM when analyzing the stakeholders, audience (end users) profile, and the existing processes and applications in the organization’s ecosystem that the current users work with. Once the Instructional Designers developing the training analyze and gather the requirements, they identify the terminal objectives and performance outcomes of the training.
The Instructional Designers also take into consideration the geographical location of end users, the devices that they can use for viewing the training content, and the logistics available with the organization to deliver the training while designing the program.
Based on the analysis done by the training development team, the solution may include diverse types of training interventions, such as instructor-led training (ILT), web-based training (WBT), video-based job aids, mobile learning interventions, augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) material, or a combination of any of these (blended learning).
Facilitating appropriate training for the end users provides the following benefits to the organizations:
· Ensures uninterrupted business activities
· Reduces risk of non-performance
· Ensures minimal loss of data
· Generates expected ROI on the money and time invested for the entire implementation
· Keeps customers happy
On being appropriately trained, the end users will be able to:
· Easily switch over to their new roles and responsibilities
· Use the application/modules easily and effectively
· Raise less internal complaints with the IT/Process team