A right sized solution to migrate SAP and GIS application to cloud to reduce downtime of SAP infra and migration to DR
One of the largest private sector power transmission companies in India with presence across the western and northern regions of India. The company primarily aims at addressing the vast potential in India's transmission sector. The company had achieved financial closure for the purchase of the power generation and distribution business in Mumbai, belonging to another leading Indian conglomerate.
- The company was under pressure from the seller business for taking over within a span of 24 days and creating an infrastructural setup at DR.
- The company was looking for SAP and GIS application migration on cloud and Solaris which was currently hosted on the seller company's premises.
- Sify was expected to reduce the downtime of SAP infra at the time of migration to DR, time to setup and improve the elasticity and management of infrastructure.
- Sify provided VPE infra for GIS on cloud in a week's time with fastest to deploy an easiest to manage infrastructure for Solaris environment.
- Provided the company with world class support for the entire solution stack for data migration through Sify's engineering excellence and expertise focus.
- The solution supported Oracle Data Guard for a complete end-to-end Oracle RAC global disaster recovery configuration.
- Supporting larger and more diverse workloads with greater floating-point performance.
- Sify achieved 0% down time at the time of data migration at DR via replication tool.
- Resolving challenges with Sify's Cloud Advantage helped Adani Transmission achieve 0% downtime and improve management of infrastructure.
- The primary benefits of the solution were its cost savings, flexibility, easy and immediate access.
- Low capital outlay and predictable monthly cost.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Prevent downtime and business losses.
- Out of the box solution - data migration with zero downtime.