Migration of SAP ERP from AIX/Oracle OS DB to a Linux/Oracle environment on Sify Cloud platform with a DB upgrade and management of SAP in multiple layers
It is a public limited company incorporated in India. The Company was incorporated in 1992 to explore, develop, distribute and market Coal Bed Methane gas in India.
The company was running SAP for their business since 2009 on IBM hardware, with the implementation done by IBM. The company was experiencing issues with SAP since the implementation and was not used to the full potential. Due to these issues, no SAP upgrade or new modules were added.
Application Migration (SAP ERP) from a deployment at their office premises to the Sify Cloud platform
- Migration of SAP ERP (DEV, QA PRD Systems) from an AIX / ORACLE OS-DB environment to a LINUX/ORACLE environment on the Sify Cloud
- Configuration of SAP Solution Manager
Technical upgrade of SAP ERP
- ECC 5.0 to SAP ECC 6.0 EHP 7.0
- Oracle DB Upgrade to Version 126.96.36.199
Management of SAP ERP at the following layers
- IaaS & PaaS
- SAP BASIS Support
Set-up Disaster Recovery Environment for SAP ERP
- Successful migration of SAP ERP and configuration of a SAP Solutions Manager led to the usage of all the SAP infrastructure facilities and features.
- SAP ERP management at multiple levels and a DR environment resulted in absolute safety of critical data and ensured business continuity.
- The SAP system was made ready for any upgrade and new modules to be added.