Complete consolidation, sizing, management and transformation of customer’s telecom network across geographies, service providers and device models
The Group is one of India's leading business houses with a revenue of about 9.4 billion for FY 2014-15. It was founded in 1988 and today it has emerged as a global infrastructure giant. The Group's business verticals range from Resources, Logistics & Energy and agriculture. It's agricultural infrastructure includes grain storage silos and storage facilities. The group's brand of cooking oil is a market leader.
- The Group needed a service provider for network management and transformation to handle link & router management, service desk operations, service provider management and SLA review.
- The Group's large telecom network had multiple service providers, CPE models and diverse technologies for connectivity.
- The Group's complete telecom inventory details were not available for updating the Annual Maintenance Contract.
- The Group's existing telecom architecture /topology was not properly documented.
- Managing SLAs of multiple service providers was becoming cumbersome.
- Managing multiple CPE models across locations was getting difficult.
- There was no Standard Operating Procedure available for configuration/change management.
- Feasibility, commissioning and de-commissioning of leased lines for domestic & International connectivity
- Addition & advance preparation for new sites with respect to WAN connectivity.
- Proactive monitoring and management of WAN using NMS tools provided by Sify.
- Network management service request, incident, problem, change & configuration management were performed by Sify.
- Sify was responsible for network bandwidth capacity planning and asset management.
- Group gave Sify the complete responsibility of network consolidation, sizing, management and transformation of its network.
- Sify was in a unique position vis-a-vis other telcos and traditional MS providers, as it was in-charge of end-to-end managed services of the Group's WAN, built on other service providers.
- The Group outsourced the managed and professional services completely to Sify.
- The Group consolidated its telecom network management with Sify and this augured well for seamless future expansion as the Group's business interests are in diverse verticals spread across multiple geographies.