Scalable, Highly available, secure and High performant Web Application on AWS cloud
Fibre2Fashion Pvt. Ltd is a market driven B2B portal that marked its existence in the year 2000 and since then, has consistently been growing in leaps and bounds. With digital presence in more than 190 countries, the organization has been able to carve a niche for itself in the industry. Besides providing effective business solutions, it also offers textile-based information through informative articles, news, market analytical reports on fibre and feedstock and various print features.
The customer had two .NET based application websites, fibre2fashion.com & technicaltextile.com operated on hosted servers. Below are the challenges faced on the environment.
- Application Latency impacting business revenue
- Manual effort and too much SME involvement
- Global expansion constraints
- Dynamic cost model – Pay as you go limitation
- Scalability and business high availability limitation
- Monitoring and Compliance reporting standardization
Proposed Solution & Architecture
It is a refactored architecture proposed on AWS cloud based on the analysis of the current on premises infrastructure. The architecture details and its challenges are below.
- Web application high availability and scalability are ensured placing the EC2 instances in multi AZ with Auto scaling and ALB services.
- High security is ensured by placing all application & DB servers in the private subnet except the RDP server and Application load balancer which are hosted in Public subnet.
- Ensured centralised logging with AWS S3.
- Automated dynamic growth of hard disks (in EBS) was configured to manage data growth needs.
- AWS CloudWatch was used for monitoring, while API and account activity tracking was achieved through AWS CloudTrail.
- Latency has reduced up to 95% enhancing the user experience drastically which resulted in a major business boost.
- Now on auto-scaling infrastructure with zero maintenance, it saves 100% human effort & cost for in-house team ensuring high availability and scalability meeting the unknown load spikes without any hassle. Scales quickly to support tenfold annual growth globally.
- Experienced 100% uptime for regulatory applications. Auto remediation capabilities has enabled Fibre2Fashion to meet industry security standards including CIS benchmarks and AWS best practices.
- Able to reach faster to market by launching an environment in minutes instead of spending 6-12 months building a datacentre.
- Pay-as-you-go model with auto-scalability, faster implementation and business high availability has given big business boost avoiding initial higher CAPEX and huge unused reserve capacity anticipating future need.
- Data on compliance is readily available and generating reports for audits was made quick and easy.
Implementing web application with Highly available fault tolerant capability in AWS cloud using ALB, Autoscaling and RDS MySQL Master Slave replication.