A customer’s comprehensive SAP solution used the Sify cloud and a full complement of our consulting services
The company is a joint venture between a leading Indian telecom company and a well-known North American food production and distribution company. It provides processed foods and beverage products and fresh vegetables under different brand names. Today they are India’s largest exporter of fresh baby corn, with a 15% share of the United Kingdom’s retail market and annual revenues of of INR 300 crore.
They deal with both processed food and beverage under the well known brand name and fresh vegetables under another brand name
Today they are India’s largest exporter of fresh baby corn, with a 15% share of the UK retail market and an annual turnover of INR 300 Crore.
- Even while the company was with the incumbent technology provider for 5 years, they were looking for an alternative partner with a better value proposition to reduce their TCO.
- A total outsourcing delivery model that leverages the cloud to bring greater predictability and scale was sought
- The company was looking to migrate their SAP system from Solaris to Linux in the cloud
- Migration of the SAP application from Solaris to the Sify cloud on Linux
- Management of the SAP Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environments
- SAP Basis support
- SAP Application Management Services (AMS) _ including FICO, SD, MM and other functional modules from SAP
- Remote end user support (desktop, laptop, printers, etc.)
- Network operations, link monitoring and management
- Security operations
- Asset and vendor management
- End user support for infrastructure and applications
- Tools and ITIL process management
- Enabled the migration of a mission-critical SAP application from Solaris to a cloud-based implementation using Linux
- The new environment, providing IaaS and PaaS from Sify, has reduced TCO
"To achieve these objectives, we considered the Cloud delivery model to bring in the flexibility & certainty. Accordingly we choose Sify for their Data Center spread, Cloud & Network competencies and a strong Applications focus, besides excellent value proposition both in terms of TCO & operational efficiencies.”
Narender Kumar | Head-IT, Leading Food Production & Distribution Company