Migration of an SAP application from Solaris to Linux on the Sify cloud platform with comprehensive management of the application and infrastructure
A leading processed food and beverage products company in India.
The client’s existing total outsourcing contract with Wipro was due for renewal. They wanted to use this opportunity to evaluate alternative delivery models based on a cloud-based environment that could help:
- Right size their IT infrastructure
- Provide the flexibility to scale up or down based on the demands of the business
- Provide budgetary predictability for future requirements
- Provide a significant TCO reduction over their current outsourcing spend
- Service desk for end user dupport for infrastructure and applications
- Tools and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)process
- Migration of their SAP application from Solaris in the Wipro Data Center
- Management of the SAP IaaS and PaaS environment
- SAP Basis support
- SAP application management support ―
Functional modules: FICO, SD, MM, HR, PP, etc.
- Remote end user support (desktop, laptop, printers, etc.)
- Network operations, including link monitoring and management
- Security operations
- Asset and vendor management
End-to-end solution with service desk, application management and infrastructure management helped in rightsizing the infrastructure, offering scalability, budget predictability and a significant reduction in TCO.