Refactored Design and Implementation of the infrastructure of web application on AWS enabling scalability, fault-tolerance, improved security & maintainability and elasticity for growing business demands
A leading company in manufacturing, sales, and marketing of fast-moving consumer durables products like Fans, Sewing Machines, Home Appliances, and Power Products. The company has a pan-India footprint with 16 regional office locations and 3700 employees. The company has an all India retail presence with 60 company showrooms and logistics, supported by 33 warehouses.
The Customer had a legacy application designed on monolithic architecture which was tightly coupled with single point of failure & scalability issues. The Customer anticipated two-fold business growth over the next two years and wanted scalable environment to meet seasonal spikes.
- Achieve scalability without CAPEX
- Rich user experience through high performance
- Global footprint with high availability
- Eliminate single point of failure
The Solution offered by Sify in AWS
Sify provided scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, cost-optimized and secure infrastructure design, implementation and maintenance, as part of the managed service in line with industry best practices using AWS services.
Cloud Management Services
- Ec2 under Auto-scaling
- Aurora- MySQL in Multi-AZs
- ALB and NAT
- Route 53
- Anti-Virus & Patch Management Services
- AWS WAF
- VPN, NACL and Security Groups
AWS features and IT landscape
- AWS Auto-Scaling with ALB for scalability & high Availability
- Aurora – MySQL RDS with Multi-AZs for zero down time
- CloudFront for local caching & speed up geographic user experience
- AWS WAF for layer 7 traffic filtering and custom ACLs
- Security groups and NACL for environment isolation
Below are the benefits achieved by the Customer from this solution.
- Global application & rich user experience
- Highly scalable application to meet unexpected business demand
- Low maintenance on the environment
- Secure and isolation of the environment
CloudFront was enabled for multi- geo countries along with WAF rules, ACLs and RDS in multi-AZs option. Sify learnt how to deploy highly scalable & global application with minimum effort and deliver maximum value to customer.