Leveraged the AWS environment to deploy applications in a seamless manner and used ElasticBeanStalk for repeatable deployments of both infrastructure and code, resulting in quicker iterations in both the developmental and operational aspects of the project
The customer is one of the leading companies in the Insurance space.
The customer was planning on building a product which was expecting a lot of traffic for which they wanted to make use of AWS. The customer wanted to have an easy way to deploy the environment on AWS and also deploy the applications in a easier manner.
Sify worked with the customer to design the entire infrastructure on AWS using the following
- Web layer is designed to run in AWS Autoscaling groups behind AWS Elastic LoadBalancer
- AWS DynamoDB was used for storing the transactional events of the application
- The web layer used to connect to their on-premise APIs using AWS Direct Connect
- AWS CloudWatch was used for monitoring the infrastructure coded using ebextensions of AWS ElasticBeanStalk
- AWS CloudTrail to monitor the IAM actions taking place on the account
- AWS ElasticBeanStalk helped in deploying the code easily in a continous fashion
Using ElasticBeanStalk allowed for repeatable deployments of both infrastructure and code, which encouraged fast iterations in both the development and operational aspects of the project.
Because of the elastic nature of the architecture, the solution was able to scale, to meet demand of the application when the traffic was high on the website.
Elastic Beanstalk makes repeatable deployment easier, rapid and sustainable. This in turn reduces the overall operational overhead for Sify.