- Writes, edits and proofs hardcopy and online documents for consistency. Examples: reference documents for hardware and software products, code, user interface tests, white papers, Application Program Interface and Command Line Interface Documentation, online help systems.
- Ensures all deliverables are technically and mechanically accurate.
- Collaborates with department team members, engineering, marketing, services, legal, regulatory and others to develop content for standard documentation sets, software and special initiatives in-line with the development cycle.
- Creates and manages document schedules, content management, and information architecture.
- Defines processes for content modification, content globalization, content sensitivity, content accessibility / disability (508).
- Maintains content, tools, application access, account administration, and workflow administration.
- More experienced writers may train outside business groups as needed on tools, applications, reporting, and content workflow needs.
- Defines, ratifies, documents and monitors Dell documentation management processes and procedures to comply with ISO and internal quality standards.
E-Learning domain skills:
- Focuses on basic technical writing and editing activities.
- Maintains content topics or module that have simple features or components.
- Provides content to more senior level team members for review and approval.
- Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits basic operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication.
- Daily work is typically reviewed by management or senior level team members.
- Ability to support a minimal number of projects that are simple in scope.