Migration of SAP ERP from AIS/Oracle OS DB to a Linux/Oracle environment on the Sify cloud with a DB upgrade and management of SAP in multiple layers
Formed in 1971, the company is a part of the well-known Shapoorji Pallonji Group, providing turnkey services across industries including distributed power and co-generation; diesel generators; Electric High Voltage (EHV) substations; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); turnkey data centers; plumbing; solar engineering, procurement and construction (EPC); mechanical EPC; security and fire alarm systems and others.
The company was using a SAP ERP solution for their operations in India from a standalone collocation environment. This infrastructure was also used to support the company's operations for their subsidiary in Qatar via an international point-to-point (P2P) MPLS link. This arrangement was not only more expensive but was also creating daily operational challenges from a management and support perspective.
- Built a new SAP ERP environment for the company on the Sify cloud
- Migrated the SAP ERP DevTest system from an AIX / ORACLE OS-DB environment to a LINUX/ORACLE environment on the Sify cloud
- Built a new SAP quality assurance and production system on the Sify cloud Database upgrade of SAP ERP
Built a new SAP quality assurance and production system on the Sify cloud Database upgrade of SAP ERP
- Oracle DB upgrade to version 18.104.22.168
Management of SAP ERP at the following layers:
- Infrastructrure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- SAP BASIS support
The new arrangement resulted in substantial savings and also ensured smooth day-to-day operations from a management and support perspective.