Successfully facilitated the conduct of Government of India’s SSC CGL Exams in 2016 – one of world’s largest recruitment examinations for graduates in the computer-based mode
The Staff Selection Commission within the Government of India recruits staff for various posts in the ministries and departments of the government and in subordinate offices.
The commission is an attached office of the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT). Every year the commission conducts several recruitment exams in which more than 12 million candidates appear across the country. Amongst all the exams that are conducted by the commission, the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) is the most frequently required exam, taken by approximately 38 lakh candidates in 2016.
The commission wanted to migrate from traditional paper and pencil mode to computer-based testing (CBT) mode. The sheer volume of candidates made exam management extremely difficult and a more up-to-date solution was sought.
Sify has pioneered computer-based training and online exam services in India since 2003. We provide complete, end-to-end testing services. Our robust examination engine called iTest, which we developed in-house, combined with our world-class data center infrastructure and our best-of-breed managed services, position us to handle online testing for both small and large clients.
Sify has a widespread network of state-of-the-art exam centers, a trained and skilled staff, and a proven testing engine that provides the backbone of the exam solution.
- Exam cycle reduced from more than one year to less than 4 months.
- Exam conducted in a highly secured environment
- Paper leak, candidate impersonation and other security hassles have been minimized.
- Very high candidate satisfaction rate due to comfortable and air- conditioned exam centers.
- Video recording of all the exam proceedings, bio-metric registration of all candidates and candidate log reports make handling Right to Information (RTI) enquiries very convenient.
- Quick publication of results ensures better candidates are filling the vacancies.